Tuesday, August 24, 2010

APP12 Just Believe Sympathy

Hi Stampers!


I needed another sympathy card and thought that the classic look of River Rock, Basic Black and Very Vanilla would be appropriate for a sympathy card. 

I drew inspiration from The Paper Players Challenge #APP12. 
Are you as thankful as I am that several of the In Colors from previous years were brought back as part of the Color Renovation and that River Rock was one of them?  It is a great neutral and I love it with black!

The floral image is from the new set Just Believe and is embossed with Versamark and Black EP on the oval (oval was cut from the Ovals Die with the Big Shot). This is layered onto a Basic Black oval (also cut from the same die). The Very Vanilla background is embossed with the Square Lattice Folder and the River Rock strip in the center is embossed with the Finial Press Folder. I tried to incorporate red (for the strawberries in the photo) but I liked the card better without the red.


The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and was punched with the Small Oval Punch and layered onto Baic Black punched with the Medium Oval Punch.  I used pearls and 5/8” Black Satin Ribbon to finish off the card. I hope you like it and have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Julie,
River Rock and Basic Black always look amazing together, I agree! This card is sure to bring comfort. Thank you for playing with the Players this week!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Nance Leedy said...

I too was so excited that River Rock made its comeback! Love it here with Basic Black and Very Vanilla. A sophisticated and elegant color combination that is perfect for a sympathy card. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us this week.
Cheers!
Nance

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty! I love the texture and the pearls! Very classy color combination. Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie
the River Rock and Black look stunning together! This card is another gorgeous card. I love the way you captured the texture from the cheeses and the fruit in the embossed background. The circle elements, the pearls, the black satin ribbon all make for not only a very beautiful card, but perfect sympathy card
I really love the clean and simple lines of the card, but yet there is so many interesting elements that keep you looking at the card for a long time.
Fabulous job!
Thank you for joining the Paper Players again this week.
Hugs
Jaydee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...