Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Poppies in Paris- Two Challenges in One Card!

 
Hi Stampers!
I created this card using the colors from this week’s Pals Paper Arts PPA92 Challenge (see http://www.palspaperarts.com) and the CCMC149 sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary (see http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com).  You will need to check out their sites to see all of the amazing creations that both Design Teams have created along with all of the other fabulous entries!   

I must admit that I have not used Poppy Parade as often as the other In-Colors but I do love the drama that it creates when paired with the other colors in this challenge:-)

To create this card:
Heat emboss the images and sentiment using the Embossing Buddy to de-static the cardstock and Black EP.
Use the Big Shot to cut the tag from the Two Tags Die and emboss the Poppy Parade panel using the Framed Tulips EF.

Color the flowers using SU! Markers in Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade.  

Assemble the panels and finish off with pearls and satin ribbon.

Stamp Sets: Artistic Etchings, Fabulous Florets, Fresh Cuts
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz DSP, Peach Parfait DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags Die, Framed Tulips EF, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Black EP, Pearls, Small and Medium Oval Punch, 5/8” Black Satin Ribbon

Thanks again for visiting- I hope all of you have a terrific week!

8 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

I love the way you made a coutoure card out of this! The colors are stunning! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge.

Deb said...

WOW! This is really beautiful!! I love how you paired the two different stamp sets! I would never have thought to do that but it really works! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word this is GORGEOUS!!! I lover the pairing of the stamp sets and I LOVE your black embossed flower...STUNNING! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Debbie Henderson said...

What a wonderful way to display all the elements you used in your card! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

Ann Schach said...

This card is stunning, Julie! A very dramatic use of colors! LOVE it!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous! I love the combination of different sets for a random look! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Melanie C said...

Great card - I love all of the detail. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Carla said...

This is gorgeous Julie!!! I love how you used the colors in your beautiful flowers. Those flowers are my fav!!! Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...