Friday, November 25, 2011

FM34 Sugar and Spice- Two for One!


Hi Stampers!

This week has been a long one with my husband getting over the flu (but not before giving me part of it compounded with my asthma:-)) and long hours at work, so I have not been able to post as often as I would like... 


I hope all of you in the United States enjoyed your Thanksgiving Day and had a chance to spend time with your loved ones, giving thanks for all of our blessings!  May we never take our blessings for granted- our freedom, our country, the men and women who defend our country, our families and most of all the salvation we have through Christ our Lord! 


Since this is my last week as the Guest Designer for the Friday Mashup, I decided to create two cards for the FM34“Sugar and Spice Makes Christmas Nice” Challenge (only the first one was posted on the Design Team portion of Friday Mashup blog- scroll down to see the second one).  If you have the time, let me know which one you like the best! :-) 

Here are the details for the FM34 "Mashup" Challenge :

  1. Make a project featuring "A Christmas Theme".
  2. Or Make a project using the colors "Aqua, Chocolate & White".  
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Christmas themed project using the colors Aqua, Chocolate & White".

I just love the inspiration photo- those chocolates look too pretty to eat (who am I kidding- they look scrumptious!) .  I really wanted to "glam" up the card so I decided to use embossing powder with a bit of glitter and rhinestones but kept it quick and easy!

Stamp the tree image with Versamark™ ink onto a piece of Pool Party cardstock and heat emboss using Stampin’ Emboss® Silver Embossing Powder. Adhere the 5/8” White Satin Ribbon and mount onto Whisper White cardstock.

Use the Big Shot™ with the Perfect Details Texturz™ Plate and emboss a piece of Soft Suede (spray the cardstock with 70% alcohol first to obtain a deeper impression).  Spray the embossed panel with Frost White Shimmer Paint (also mixed with 70% alcohol)- fyi- I use the Heat Tool to speed up the drying process on both of these steps.

Close up of the embossing 
To give the card a bit more glitz, use 2-Way Glue along the embossed edges on the background piece and apply Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. 

Adhere to another layer of Pool Party and the Whisper White card base – add a few Rhinestones to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Snow Swirled

 Ink: Versamark™

Cardstock: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Whisper White

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Perfect Details Texturz™ Plate, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Emboss® Silver Embossing Powder, 2-Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Frost White Shimmer Paint, 5/8” White Satin Ribbon, Rhinestones

FYI- I find it very difficult to photograph glitter (the card does look a lot better in real life). 


Here is the second card that I created for this challenge:


Using cardstock to mask the hill areas and moon, sponge Pool Party Classic Ink over the sky area and to create snow drifts and mist.   Stamp the trees in Soft Suede Classic Ink and the star shaped verse stamp from The Sounding Joy with Pool Party Classic Ink.  


Using Versamark™ ink, stamp Dasher and heat emboss using Stampin’ Emboss® White Embossing Powder.

Use the Big Shot™ with the rectangular Decorative Frame Textured Impressions™ Folder and emboss around Dasher and use a Sponge Dauber to apply Soft Suede ink to highlight the frame.   Also with the Northern Frost Decorative Strip and cut a few snowflakes out of Whisper White cardstock.  Lightly sponge Pool Party and Soft Suede Classic Ink onto the snowflakes and use 2-Way Glue with Dazzling Diamonds. 

Using the  Petals-A-Plenty Textured Impressions™ Folder emboss a piece of Soft Suede  and a piece of Pool Party cardstock with the Snow Burst Textured Impressions™ Folder.  
Trim the corners of the focal image on a diagonal and punch with the Scallop Trim Border Punch.  Spray the entire panel with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint spray.  

Attach the 3/8” Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon, Pearls and snowflakes.  Add the sentiment to finish off the card. 

Stamp Sets:  Dasher, Lovely As A Tree, Short and Sweet, The Sounding Joy

 Ink: Versamark™, Pool Party, Soft Suede

Cardstock: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Whisper White

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Textured Impressions™ Folder- Petals-A-Plenty, Snow Burst, Decorative Label Frame, Northern Frost Decorative Strip, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Emboss® White Embossing Powder, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Dazzling Diamonds, 3/8” Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sponge Daubers  

Thanks again for stopping by and blessing my life!    I hope you can join us this week at the Friday Mash Up! 

If you have the time, share with me which card you prefer and the blessings you have in your life! I hope all of you have a great week! 


10 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, your cards are stunning...fabulous design...have a super fun weekend!

enjoy *~*

Lisa said...

Fantastic cards Julie! I think they both look great but I have to say I really like the 2nd card. The details and the different elements just really create a stunning piece!

It was a pleasure having you as guest designer!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Julie, it's been fabulous having you as one of our guest designers for November.

I love both of your cards. Very pretty and the second one has loads of details.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Lisa said...

Julie, I love your card! That tree is relly great in brown! I never thought to do that. I remember seeing it in silver, but you really rocked this, for sure! It's simple yet elegant, and the textured paper really just makes it. Well done!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

LOVE that second card!! Beautiful! To photograph glitter.. make sure you've got lots of light, and shoot at an angle... you catch the sparkle more than not... some cards will always be difficult though :) New to your blog.. off to check out your stuff!

Rita W said...

Wonderful cards, Julie! I love all the sparkle and shine!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic cards, both are wonderful.

Heidi Baks said...

I love the two cards! The Christmas tree card is so yummy, and I love the idea of embossing a frame on the stamped panel!

Kim P said...

Both of your cards are wonderful! I love your embossed tree and puffy bow!

Cliffie Wilson said...

I can't believe that the 2nd card with the deer didn't end up on your favorite cards of 2011 list. It is absolutely amazing! It makes the Top of the List all time fav's that I saw this past year! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...