Monday, January 2, 2012

CCC12- Twenty Six Christmas Cards- Yea!!


Hi Stampers!   

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I decided to start early this year creating my Christmas cards for 2012.  First, I signed up for the 2012 CCC12 Splitcoast Christmas Card Challenge again this year and have committed to making at least 20 cards per month!  I know it sounds ambitious, but for some reason, I was unable to follow thru with mailing my cards this year and barely had enough for hand distribution (last year I had created 110 cards). 

I did not want to fall short again this year, therefore the minimum of 20 per month should be enough for our church family and relatives.  I am going to make sure that I follow through on the multiples as well and try to create more CAS cards with fewer layers and embellishments (except for the hand delivery cards).  Thankfully, I have this blog and my friends that visit me to help keep me accountable :-)

This card was fairly quick and easy (once I decided on the background color- almost went with Crushed Curry since I had it out from the previous project- still need to use up the huge stockpile from the Clearance Rack :-))  I even  ended up making 26 total - not an easy task with my Angel "girl" helping me- isn't she cute? :-))

This card incorporates My Digital Studio for the main image  (what a time saver!) along with traditional stamping for the sentiment only.   I had to resize the main image a few times before deciding that eight images per 8.5 x 11" piece of Whisper White would be the best size (therefore there are two sizes of cards). 

Print the MDS image onto Whisper White cardstock using Black printer ink and layer the image onto Basic Black cardstock.  

Use the Decorative Label Punch to punch out labels from Whisper White and line up the sentiment on the upper and lower half of the label (cut the punched image in half so you will have the sentiment label for two separate cards).

Adhere the sentiment behind the main image and onto the Perfect Plum embossed panel (emboss using the Big Shot™ with the Snow Burst Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder).  

Add the 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon bow and a Rhinestone to the star to finish off the card!

Stamp Sets:  Come to Bethlehem (My Digital Studio and Clear Mount)
Ink: Printer Ink- Black and Basic Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Perfect Plum
Accessories:  Big Shot™, Snow BurstTextured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone

Thanks again for visiting!  I hope you enjoy New Year’s Day and have a great week (possibly you are starting on your Christmas cards for 2012 as well?) If so, I would love to hear about them and possibly see a sample..if you leave a comment with your link, I will visit you as well .:-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...