Wednesday, April 24, 2013

One Layer Butterfly- Another One for the Paper Players


Hi Stampers! 

I hope all of you are having a great week so far!   I decided to create one more card for this week’s  PP142 One Layer CASfrom Jaydee Challenge at The Paper Players.   Again, if you have not visited, take the time to do so- the Design Team samples and other entries are gorgeous!!

The first two attempts for this challenge are in a previous post and were created using the Straw Technique (not sure if that technique is the best for a One Layer Card).  I was not totally pleased with the results (I liked the foliage one better than the floral- the floral one is a bit busy for me since the ink smudged and I had to add more flowers to hide the smudges), so I decided to give it one more try :-)

To make this quick, easy “hybrid” card:

Using My Digital Studio (MDS), open a blank 8 ½” x 11” page and position the butterfly image from the Wonderful Wings Stamp Brush set into the upper right hand corner.  

Re-size and rotate the butterfly slightly to the right.  Insert the sentiment from Favorite Thoughts Stamp Brush set  a bit below the butterfly image- I just love the sayings in this set :-) )  

 *** Remember to position the butterfly and sentiment on the right hand side of the cardstock so that you can cut the cardstock and score for the fold  ***.  




You can print out two sets per one piece of cardstock- great for multiple cards :-)

Use the Big Shot™ with the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions™ Folder to emboss the right hand edge of the card and color the butterfly with Stampin’ Write markers – I used Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point and Sahara Sand (to add the shadow).

As an afterthought, I could have printed a drop shadow but I like to color so adding one by hand is more relaxing for me :-)

Close up of Spritzing and Shadow :-)

Use the White Gel Pen to add accents to the wings and cover the butterfly with an vval frame - I used a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock that I had previously cut an Oval Framelit™ from the Ovals Collection.  This became a mask for the rest of the card and the butterfly was the image in the "oval".  

Use the Color Spritzer Tool with the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write marker to spritz the area around the butterfly and add more dimension to the card.

Now you are finished!!  Quick, easy and to me, a lot of fun!

Stamp Sets:  Wonderful Wings, Favorite Thoughts (both MDS)

Ink: Printer Ink- Black, Stampin’ Write markers- Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake

Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Apothecary Accents Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder,  Color Spritzer Tool, White Gel Pen, scrap with an Oval Frame 

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday!!

2 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous coloring of the butterfly, Julie! What a fabulous way to showcase the versatility of MDS and one-layer cards...so glad you joined us THREE times at The Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous, Julie! Love what you did with MDS, someday I'll learn how to use it too! The butterfly was colored beautifully and I like the sponged oval area around it. Thanks for sharing yet another creation with The Paper Players!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...