Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SUO71 Favorite Retiring Stamp Set- Three of My Favorites in One!!


Hi Stampers! 

The SUO71 Challenge is to use your Favorite Retiring Stamp Set and we welcome all entries using Stampin’ Up! Only products!  So pull out those soon to be retired stamp sets and let’s highlight them for all to see! 

In my normal fashion, I could not decide on just one set so I used three of my favorite retiring sets, French Foliage, Nature’s Pace and Nature Walk.  I love the line drawn realistic images in all of these sets and they will definitely have a permanent place in my collection.

To create this card:

Use the Big Shot™ with the soon to be retired Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of Pistachio Pudding cardstock - ink the interior of the folder using Sahara Sand Classic Ink prior to embossing. Mount this layer onto a piece of Early Espresso cardstock.

Using Early Espresso Classic Ink, stamp the images from the stamp sets onto Sahara Sand cardstock and color using Stampin’ Write markers- Wisteria Wonder for the grapes and flowers, So Saffron on the bees and an Aqua Painter™ with ink from the Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe stamp pads for the eggs, leaves, flowers and robin’s breast. 

Stamp the French Foliage script using Sahara Sand Classic Ink over the images as well as the seal image on a few of the corners.  Cut the images to size and distress the edges using the Distressing Tool and sponge more Sahara Sand Classic Ink with a Sponge Dauber.

Mount the panels onto Early Espresso cardstock and position for the collage effect.  Add the Early Espresso ½” Taffeta Triple Ribbon bow to the bee wreath panel and add the diamond shape bee image and sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals®.

Use the Color Spritzer Tool (also retiring) along with the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write marker to distress the card a bit and add Frost White Shimmer Paint to the bee’s wings on the center panel.

Add a few Pearls to the corners to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Nature Walk, Nature’s Pace, French Foliage

Ink: Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Canteloupe, Stampin’ Write Markers- Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron, Early Espresso

Paper/Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Pistachio Pudding

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impression ™Embossing Folder, Sponge Dauber, Color Spritzer Tool, ½” Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Distressing Tool, Pearls

Thanks again for visiting!  Since I personally need to work on patience, I may keep this card as a reminder in my craft room :-).  

 I hope can take the time to create a project to share with us at SUO Challenges for this SUO71 Favorite Retiring Stamp Set Challenge- look forward to seeing your creations :-)

2 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Yowza...this is just AMAZING!!! Love everything about it!

Valli said...

I am new to your blog, but I love it! I could spend hours looking at your gorgeous creations. I especially like your "farewell" posts. I saw a card on Pinterest a few weeks ago that was just stunning. I am not at all surprised it turned out to be yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...