Saturday, December 14, 2013

DD83 CAS Postage Due





Hi Stampers! 

This week the DD83 Dynamic Duos Challenge is “Subtly Yours” using Marina Mist and Crumb Cake.   You can also use neutrals- White, Black, etc. and I chose to pair black and white with my project.

I hope you will find the time to stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team project and create your own "Subtly Yours" project-we would love to have you join us!!





I decided to take a break from Christmas cards and even though I have the actual stamp set for this card, I turned to My Digital Studio (MDS) again to create this quick, easy CAS card (this time of year, I have to create quick cards :-)) :


Open a blank 8.5x11 page in MDS and insert the image from Postage Due (I re-sized the image a bit) and print the image onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.

Trim to size and use a brayer to sponge a bit of Crumb Cake and Marina Mist Classic Ink onto the image.   Color the flower using a Stampin’ Write Marina Mist marker and add a few shadows to the bicycle, postmark and flower using the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write marker.

Using an AquaPainter™ add a bit of Frost White Shimmer Paint to the flower petals and around the metallic areas on the bicycle.  Add a few highlights with the Chalk Marker (love this marker!) :-)

Layer onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock and add the photo corners using the retired Photo Corner Punch (I trimmed mine to be a bit smaller in width than the punch).  Add the 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon bow to the corner.

Adhere a piece of Crumb Cake Designer Series Paper (DSP) to a piece of Basic Black cardstock and adhere to the Marina Mist card base.

Add the vertical strip of Marina Mist DSP mounted onto Basic Black cardstock (I used scrap strips versus a whole piece of Basic Black). 

Adhere the focal image to the card on an angle using Stampin’ Dimensionals® and add a few Pearls to finish off the card.

I decided not to add a sentiment yet so I can customize this card when needed :-)

Stamp Sets:  Postage Due (MDS version)

Ink: Printer Ink- Black, Classic Ink—Marina Mist, Crumb Cake; Stampin’ Write Marker- Marina Mist, Crumb Cake; Chalk Marker

Paper: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Basic Black, Designer Series Paper- Crumb Cake, Marina Mist

Accessories:  AquaPainter™, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Pearls, retired 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon, retired Photo Corner Punch


Thanks again for stopping by- we hope to see your DD83 “SubtlyYours” creation this week! 

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so very pretty!!!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. I like how you added the shadows around the images with your marker.

canadian_liner said...

Wow--love this hybrid card! Great digital images and colouring and love the black bow and pearls.

Angel Johns said...

Very creative and pretty. I still haven't found a love for MDS but keep telling myself I need to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Julie!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Oh, that black just pops everything you created on this card, Julie. I love that stamp- must get it after seeing this! Love the photo corners (drawing a blank)- I believe I have a punch like that. TFS!

Annette Elliott said...

WOW! I didn't know you used MDS to create this till I read your post! Very nicely done (as usual! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...