Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Trust The Lord and "Let It Flow" :-) !!

Hi Stampers! 

I had such a fabulous time yesterday creating and stamping with friends- thanks Robbie for your hospitality and thanks to all of the “girls” for their fellowship and encouragement! 

They wanted to me to show them how I created the watercolor backgrounds so I decided to CASE one of my own cards and change it up using the Splitcoaststampers’ CC536 Color Challenge- Marina Mist, Night of Navy and Real Red (I skipped dessert) for a patriotic color combination (see details here and gallery here) along with the Simon Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge.


The steps to create the background are identical to the original post and since it is all just one watercolored panel layered onto the card base, it is very easy to mail and does not require additional postage :-).

To me this is a Clean and Simple card, but to others, maybe not so Clean or Simple (watercolor can be fun but a bit messy)  :-)

We had a blast and they were teasing me since I kept reminding them not to be too perfectionistic with the ink, “Just let it flow, let it flow!”- lol!!

If you have any questions on the process, please let me know.  Since many of my cards are created with techniques I have used in previous blog posts, I will most likely start linking to the previous posts to save time (FYI- sometimes it takes longer for me to create the blog post than the actual cards themselves)  :-)

Stamp Sets: Choose Happiness, Trust God, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Stāz-On® Jet Black, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Real Red; Stampin’ Write Markers- Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Real Red; White Gel Pen and/or Faber-Castell® White Pitt Pen

Paper/Cardstock:  Watercolor Paper, Whisper White (heavier for card base)

Accessories: AquaPainter, Water Spritzer Bottle or Mister


Thanks again for stopping by- have a great week, my friends!

2 comments:

Gayatri said...

Wow! Very dramatic and wonderful! Love your watercolouring. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -Anything Goes!

Karen Barber said...

Holy Shnikes Julie that is STUNNING!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...