Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Happy New Year!! The Sky's the Limit :-)



Hello Friends!   

Woohoo- it’s time for the new SUO138 “Into the New Year” Challenge!

Since I do not own any of the traditional New Year's "celebration" type stamps (at least not current ones), I decided to create a “sneak peek” card using some of the new items from the upcoming Occasions Mini Catalog as well as the 2016 Sale-A-Bration Catalog.

I have also incorporated the Paper Craft Crew PCCCS174 Sketch Challenge in my design- my thoughts were that the plane could be spelling out the “Happy New Year”- lol!!

 I hope you will have a chance to check out my sister Design Team member samples at the SU-Only Challenge site as well as the fantastic Design Team samples at the Paper Craft Crew site- wonderful inspiration from all!


To create this card:

Use the Big Shot™ with the new World Traveler Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock (inking the embossing folder with Sahara Sand Classic Ink before inserting the cardstock and embossing).
Trim the embossed panel and mount onto the Basic Black card base.

Ink the plane image from the Limited Edition Sale-A-Bration (SAB) set, Sky is the Limit using Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink onto Whisper White cardstock, color with Stampin’ Write Markers (I used Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake), add some distressing with Crumb Cake Classic Ink and the splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge, trim and mount onto Gold Foil cardstock.

Stamp the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes with Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink onto Whisper White cardstock, distress with Crumb Cake Classic Ink and the splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge, create the banner ends with the Banner Punch, mount onto Basic Black cardstock and punch the ends to match.

Add the Gold Foil Banner Punch pieces to the ends of the sentiment, adhere Gold Trim looped behind the sentiment and mount the sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals®.

Adhere a piece of the Going Places Designer Series Paper (DSP) onto Basic Black cardstock, add the embossed Basic Black pieces (with the Chevron Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, mount the embossed black strips onto Gold Foil scrap pieces, add the strips to the embossed Sahara Sand card front and mount the Going Places DSP panel.

Add the plane focal image with Stampin’ Dimensionals® to finish off the card.

After I posted my first design (without the numbers to the SUO Challenges site), I decided to cut some numbers with the retired GoGo Boots Sizzlits™ Alphabet Die Set and added to the card front ...I think the numbers make it look more festive, don’t you?




Stamp Sets:  Sky is the Limit, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Gorgeous Grunge

Ink:  Stāz-On® Jet Black, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand; Stampin’ Write Markers- Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Sahara Sand; Gold Foil, Going Places DSP
Accessories: Big Shot™, Chevron and World Traveler Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folders, Banner Punch, Gold Trim, retired GoGo Boots Sizzlits™ Alphabet Dies (2nd card)

Thanks again for stopping by and we hope to see your Stampin’ Up! Only project in our “Into the New Year” Challenge gallery!

7 comments:

Sibylleherbe said...

I love your cards. Beautiful color combos and layout. Makes me look forward to getting this set.

Crystal Komara said...

Hi Julie, I always get a good laugh when I see something I love on Pinterest and then go back and realize it's for one of the challenges that I'm on the DT for and need to comment on, so I'm so glad it's yours! This is a great masculine color with nice layering and effects. Thanks for joining us again at the Paper Craft Crew this week! Crystal

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Wow, Julie I am loving the new SAB products for next year and what you've done with this set is gorgeous. Its definitely a card I would like to CASE. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn xx

Lora said...

Hi Julie, I found my way here from the Splitcoast stampers. I was looking for ideas for the stamp The Skys the limit. I really, really like what you did here.

Please clarify for me. Did you start with Whisper White CS the piece the plane is stamped on? If so did you sponge on some Sahara Sand all over it after using the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp?

" Whisper White cardstock, color with Stampin’ Write Markers (I used Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake), add some distressing with Crumb Cake Classic Ink and the splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge,"

Also what color is the card stock that you used with the embossing folder?

I will be back to check out more cards on your blog.

This is so pretty you have a way with colors and the ink. Thank you for posting those instructions.

Monique said...

Hi Julie, I love this card with all its layers.

Cheers
Monique

Deborah Smart said...

My gosh - I just love all the layers and textures in your card, Julie! This is one of my favourite sets from the SAB brochure, and you've really showcased it! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew. ~Deborah

Unknown said...

Julie, Gorgeous card! I love the texture and layers along with the colors that you used. Definitely has an era feel to it matching the Biplane! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...