Sunday, December 20, 2015

ODBDSLC266 Living Water Blessings



Hi Friends!

I had a chance to stamp this weekend and decided to create a card for the Our Daily Bread DesignsODBDSLC266 Sketch Challenge using the Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) stamp set, Living Water along with Doily Blessings. 

Since this card seems a bit vintage to me, I am also linking this card to the Alphabet Challenge “V for Vintage” Challenge.

If you have not visited the above sites yet, I encourage you to do so- the Design Team samples at both challenge sites are wonderful as well as their gallery entries!

On another note, I have been struggling with severe osteoarthritis for years and injured my right shoulder months ago (when I lifted my Big Shot over my shoulder from behind me-duh!!)...I re-injured the shoulder recently and typing puts a strain on the muscle, so I will be blogging but with limited instructions...  I hope you understand and thank those of you who I know have been praying for me­ -you are a blessing to me for sure!

 To create this card:

Ink the Living Water grist mill image from using Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink, stamp onto Whisper White cardstock  and color with Stampin’ Write Markers.

Cut the image out with the new ODBD Rectangle Dies , mount onto a rectangle cut from the ODBD Double Stitched Rectangle Dies from Soft Suede cardstock  and mount onto a trimmed piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock.

Layer the Christmas Card Collection 2015 background paper onto a piece of Soft Suede cardstock and add the 5/8” Satin Ribbon strip.

Mount the background panel onto the Mossy Meadow card base, add the White Tea Lace Doily to the back of the focal image and mount onto the card front with dimensional foam.

Add the layered sentiment from the ODBD Doily Blessings set along with the Pearls to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Living Water, Doily Blessings (Our Daily Bread Designs)

Ink: Stāz-On® Jet Black, Stampin’ Write Markers- Old Olive, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede, Tip Top Taupe, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Smoky Slate

Paper: Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede; ODBD Christmas Card Collection 2015

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Our Daily Bread Designs Dies- Double Stitched Rectangle, Double Stitched Circles, Rectangle ; White Tea Lace Paper Doily, 5/8” Green Satin Ribbon, Pearls, AquaPainter™

Thanks again for stopping by and may the blessings of the Lord be upon you this Christmas week, my friends-hugs!!

2 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Julie!! I so love you coloring of this scene!! Stunning!! Your choice of dp adds such warmth. The doily is the perfect creative touch! Breathtaking me friend!! Thanks for your beautiful take on the sketch!

Pray you are having a good weekend!! May you have a blessed Christmas!!!
hugs,
Chris

RitaR said...

Julie, just had to write and comment on your lovely coloring of the mill! How beautiful! When I read in your post that you are suffering shoulder pain I stopped to have a word of prayer for you. I pray that you will be feeling much better soon.

Christmas blessing to you and your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...