Thursday, March 23, 2017

F4A370 Floral Birthday



Hi Friends!

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week so far! This card was designed for the Splitcoaststampers’ Free For AllF4A370 “A CASE of My Favorites” Challenge- choose a favorite of yours from your Splitcoaststampers’ Fav Gallery and CASE the card. 

"CASEing" means Copy and Sahre Everything so you can copy directly or change the layout, colors, etc. inspired by one of the favorites in your Splitcoaststampers gallery.   

Usually if you copy the card directly from a card artist, it should be for your personal use only and not for publication or sale.  This is a general rule of thumb and most card artists are honored if you choose to CASE one of their creations for your personal use :-)

For my card, I decided to CASE this gorgeous card (pictured above) that was designed by one of my sweet friends, Cheryl Scrivens (see her Splitcoaststampers gallery here and her blog here.  I loved the way she used a horizontal strip for the Scripture sentiment, her excellent coloring and the beautiful coloring of the floral images.

I will also be linking this card to the Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge and the FUSION 03/16 "Paris Rain" Challenge (I was inspired by the bright red and orange against the gray of the rain for my colors ) :-) 




I used the retired Stampin’ Up! My Digital Studio program to import the Power Poppy digital images, Climbing Clematis (for the flowers) and Tulips Hobnail Pitcher (for the sentiment) but you could use any scrapbooking software or Microsoft Word to import the digital images.  Or, if you desire, mask and stamp the images to create this layout.   

One reason I love digital images is that you can re-size the images and I did enlarge the Climbing Clematis for this card. 


To create this card:

1). Insert the digital images from Power Poppy into a scrapbook editing software program (I used My Digital Studio) or you can use Word.  Once you are happy with the layout, print out onto a piece of white cardstock using an inkjet printer and black ink.
Front view

2). Color the image with alcohol markers along with colored pencils, water-soluble graphite pencils and water-based markers.  Add shimmer to the petals and butterflies with a clear glitter pen and white details with an extra fine white paint pen.  Originally I had more white in the background showing and decided to color up to the stitching on the die, I think I will go back and fill in the margin as well since it seems to look a bit jagged to me:-)

3). Die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die, mount onto gray cardstock, trimming close to the edge and mount onto the white card base.

4). Use a waterproof black marker along with a ruler to create the horizontal lines above and below the sentiment panel to finish off the card.

This card was so fun to create and thanks Cheryl, for the inspiration!  Since it is basically one layer, it will not require additional postage- yea!!

Thanks again for taking the time to visit! I hope you will have a chance to check out the Splitcoaststampers’ Free for All Gallery and possibly create your own card based off a favorite of yours.

Hugs and I hope you have a blessed weekend, sweet friends!

4 comments:

RaeDeen Bittner said...

Oh, Julie! This is absolutely breath-taking! Your coloring is amazing. TFS your beautiful work! You have a blessed weekend as well!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, precious Julie! Thank you so much for honoring me by CASEing my card! I am thrilled and love what you've done! It's stunning and such beautiful coloring on this wonderful Power Poppy image. And I love how you've colored the background...stunning, as all your cards are, sweet sister! You are such a joy and encouragement to me, and I thank you so much! Hugs and love! xoxo

Becca Cruger said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous design!! I just love the depth and vibrancy of your bold colors. Thanks for playing along at Fusion!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! Colored so perfectly and a great interpretation of the challenge photo. Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...